Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing



My favorite dessert of all time is my mom's pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing. It is so good it screams come and eat me while I sleep. After I eat a piece it makes me want to run a mile so I can eat another piece(and I hate to run). This recipe is great during fall but I like to enjoy it all year round. Here's the recipe so you can make a pumpkin cake or cupcake:




Pumpkin Cake
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinammon
4 eggs, well beaten
1 cup oil
2 cups canned pumpkin
Mix Well. Bake at 350 degrees. For cake - bake for 1 1/2 hours. For cupcakes - bake for about 25 minutes, check at 20 minutes with toothpick.

Cream Cheese Icing
1 stick butter
8 oz cream cheese
1 lb box conf sugar (if you don't buy boxes like me is 3 3/4 cups of conf sugar)
1 tsp vanilla
Cream butter and cream cheese together. Beat in Conf Sugar. Add vanilla.

Let cake cool and frost. ENJOY!


To create swirly frosting on your cupcake buy a pack of cake decorator bags. Cut the end off about 1/2 inch up and fill with frosting. Squeeze frosting to the bottom of the bag and swirl onto cupcake starting on outside of cupcake and working inward. YUM.


No comments: