Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Halloween Party Game

I love creating new games for my annual halloween party. I found this idea on a birthday blog somewhere-I really should keep links but it's a downfall I just draw out the idea in my idea book and forget where it came from. If it's yours please claim it, I do not take ideas intentionally without saying where they came from..PROMISE. I took several pictures to show the steps that it took to make this cute game. Without further ado here they are for your viewing pleasure :)

What you need:

Board
Spray Paint (optional)
Buckets
Bolt and Nuts
Stencil (optional)
Paint (optional)

Step 1: Find a Board big enough to sit all your buckets on. I had 6 buckets but you can do less or more.
Step 2: Paint the board whatever color you want (I used spray paint)
Step 3: Place buckets on board and trace around them
Step 4: Drill holes in center of circles that you drew on board
Step 5: Drill holes in bottom of buckets. I learned the hard way that you should stack all the buckets together before drilling through the bottom. That way they will not split.
Step 6: Place the bolt on the bottom of the board and then place the bucket on top of it. Then thread on the nut inside the bucket.



Step 5: Look how pretty your work is so far. You could be done right now or you could kick it up a notch as Emeril might say.



Step 6: I like to stencil and paint stuff so I pulled out my Martha Stewart number stamps and my craft paint and stencilled the buckets with #'s.



Step 7: Admire your work. Go get some kind of throwing objects(ping pong, bouncy, bean bags) and start playing.


11 comments:

Angie from Dear Spring Green said...

Adorable! I saw this on Pinterest and had to come over to say you did a great job!

Kari said...

saw you on pinterest and this is FANTASTIC!

GrammaSue said...

Great idea! Is there a way that I could copy the instructions? Thank you

Anonymous said...

If you grew up near Chicago in the 70-80's, this us similar to the Grand Prize Game on Bozo the Clown from WGN-TV.

Unknown said...

Love it! I am going to call my version ADD IT UP, just to put some learning into the game. The kids will have to add their score to figure out what prize they win!

Anonymous said...

That is what I said as soon as I seen it!

Unknown said...

Cute Idea for my last day of school games.

Anonymous said...

I don't like it.

SOS Booster said...

Thanks for sharing! Halloween is just around the corner, and there’s no better opportunity to get creative with employee engagement. Here are some Virtual Halloween activities for coworkers to engage your employees and uplift everyone’s ‘spirits.

SOS Booster said...

Amazing Blog! Searching for some fun ways to celebrate Halloween at the workplace, look no further! Here is a list of Halloween party games for office teams that is sure to send shivers of delight down attendees' spines.

Anonymous said...

How far back from the buckets do you stand to make the throw?